Makhana an ingredient which has no taste of itself but when added with namkeen it tastes great or if u make some desert out of it. The is especially made during Navratras. but it can be made as otherwise also as it is very light unlike the rice kheer.
2 Cup Makhanas (Coarsely grinded)
1tsp Cardamom Powder
1/2 cup Mixed Nuts (Almonds + Chironji + Raisins + Cashews)
1/2 tin Milkmaid or 1/2 cup Sugar
- Coarsely grind the makhanas. Keep it aside.
- Now heat a pan , boil milk in it.
- Lower the flame after one boil.
- Let it simmer on low flame.
- Add in cardamom powder.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Now add in the mixed nuts.
- Follow it with makhanas.
- Mix well.
- Let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from flame.
- Serve chilled.