During this time when holidays are planned, summer camps are organized, relatives are visited and all open spaces become playgrounds supporting a roaring multitude obsessed with the gentleman’s game, the need for an easy to make, refreshing, healthy and economical thirst quencher is universally felt. Thought there are a thousand homemade heat-beaters suggested by parents and elders ranging from the mundane to the exotic. Of all these one of the most effective is the ubiquitous and simple Sorbet or Italian Ice. It makes the perfect desert when the temperature rises.
|Watermelon & Rose Water Sorbet|
Mark Twain once commented “When one has tasted watermelon, he know what the angels eat” So surely watermelon is the fruit of the angel. I used this fruit alongwith the Rose water which gives a very refreshing flavour.
3cups Watermelon pieces (deseeded)
3tbsp simple syrup
2tbsp milk powder
Juice of 1 lemon
2tbsp rose water
Few rose petals for garnishing
- · Chop the watermelon, deseed it .
- · Put into the food processor along with lime juice + milk powder + rose water.
- · Churn it till it forms a smooth mixture.
- · Now place it in a baking dish.
- · Fold in the simple syrup into it.
- · Place it in the freezer overnight.
- · If u a have an ice cream maker then next day just churn it in the maker according to the manufactures instructions.
- · In case you don’t have one, then next day take it out from the refrigerator, churn it again in the food processor.
- · Keep it back in the freezer.
- · Repeat this after 1-1/2 hrs.
- · You can use a fork or an electric beater.
- · Sorbet will be ready in next 8 hrs.
- · Before serving place the glasses in the freezer.
- · Scoop the sorbet and put it in the glasses
- · Garnish with rose petals and watermelon slices.
- · Serve chilled.