My readers will be wondering as to why have I disappeared from blogging.. No new posts.. Well was busy as my family visited me from Lucknow. I had made great dishes for them that is what I will publish now.
My mother loves chaat so I made this one for her. I have actually learnt this one from her only.
Safed Matar ki Chaat is a popular Chaat in Northern especially U.P. Its simple and very tasty.
2 Green Chillies
1tsp Ginger Paste
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
2 Red Chillies
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
Salt to Taste
1 tsp Chat Masala
1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
2-3 tbsp Tamarind Chutney
2 tsp Coriander and Mint Chutney
For the Topping:
2 medium sized onions (finely chopped)
2 tbsp Tamarind Chutney
Mix Masalas (Garam masala + Cumin powder + Red Chilly Powder)
- Soak the safed matar over-night.
- Pressure cook the matar with 1 tbsp salt+ coriander leaves and a bottle of water for 15-20 minutes.
- Now when it is cooked, Take a kadahi, add in the ghee.
- When the ghee gets heated up put add in the cumin seeds and red chillies.
- When it stops cluttering add in the safed matar which u have pressure cooked, stirring continuously.
- Add in the masalas and the chutneys..
- Let it cook for 20 minutes on low heat. stirring continuously.
- Add in the coriander leaves.
- Roast it well. if required add in more ghee. but it has to be cooked really well. the ,matar should turn brown in color.
- When it is cooked, take a wide bowl put in the cooked matar.
- Top it with lemon juice, chopped onion and both the chutneys.
- Sprinkle the mixed masala mixture over it.
- Serve hot.