I am posting another awesome flavour of cupcakes. As February is approaching, Red Velvet Cupcakes are ideal for the month of love decorated with hearts and other sprinkles.
Hoping u all will enjoy these beastly creatures a lot.
|Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting|
125gms Castor Sugar
15gms Cocoa Powder
1tsp Vanilla Extract
1tsp Baking Powder
1/4tsp Baking Soda
Few drops Red Color
Few Drops of Vinegar
· Pre-heat the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
· In a bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda.
· In another bowl cream butter and sugar till pale.
· Add the egg beat well.
· Then gradually add in the flour mixture.
· Finally add the color, buttermilk and vinegar.
· Pour the batter into the lined and grease muffin moulds.
· Bake in an oven for 15-20minutes at 160 degrees.
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
200gms Icing Sugar
50gms Cream Cheese
Food color of your choice
· Beat the butter in a bowl.
· Add in the cream cheese.
· Then add in the icing sugar.
· Beat till stiff.
· You can add the food color but I have kept it white color.
· Pipe on the cooled cupcakes.
· Decorate with sprinkles