There are many styles of cooking Bread Upma... Here i am posting cooking my style..
8-10 pcs of bread
8-10 curry leaves (kadi patta)
1 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
2 khadi lal mirch
2 medium sized onions( julienne)
2 medium sized tomatoes (chopped)
3 green chillies (slit open)
1/2 cup green peas (boiled)
1 medium sized potatoes (chopped)
2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilly powder
Salt to taste
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp water
- Cut the bread pieces in quarter sizes.. (each bread into 9 pieces.)
- Take a pan heat in the oil, now add in the mustard seeds, kadi pata and khadi lal mirch.
- After it is cooked, put in the onions and the green chillies. saute them for a while.
- Now add in the potatoes. let the it cook so that the potatoes are cooked properly. (if u want u can put little water and salt to make this process fast.)
- Now add in the turmeric powder+ red chilly powder + salt
- Add in the tomatoes. let it cook for a while then put in the boiled peas.
- Let all this cook for a while.
- Put in the lemon juice and then the bread slices.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- It its too dry u can sprinkle little water over it.
- Garnish wid coriander leaves.