Today i am diving back in Punjab with one of the most finest dishes,Dal makhani one of the Punjabi Cuisines. We Punjabi's just love our food so we just try to make it rich in every possible way... This Dal is rich in protein fiber content as well lot of healthy Nutrients..
Its a restaurant style Dal which i tasted in Pind Baluchi.. its really tasty and mouthwatering... I am posting it with my flavours and my style of cooking... I hope u all will love this Dal a lottt...
2 katori black urad dal
1/2 katori rajma
2 medium sized onions(finely chopped)
3 medium tomatoes (pureed)
2 green chillies
1 tbsp garlic paste
1 tbsp ginger paste
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilly powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp kasturi methi
Salt to taste
Whole garam masla (bay leaf, dalchini, green cardamom, black cardamom, khadi lal mirch, cloves)
Coriander leaves (chopped)
2 tbsp ghee
Butter (100 gms)
- Soak the Dal and the rajma together for 1 hour before u start preparing.
- Now take a pressure cooker, put in the Dal and the rajma, 1 bottle of water +salt +some coriander leaves. Boil the Dal till it is well cooked.
- Separate the water from the Dal. and keep it aside.
- Take a pan, put in the ghee, when the ghee is hot add in the cumin seeds, when it clutters, add in the whole garam masala.
- Then add in the ginger garlic paste. let it cook for a while, Add in the chopped onions.
- When the onions are cooked add in the tomato puree.
- Cook it on low flame. Add in the coriander powder + red chilly powder + turmeric powder. Let it simmer for a while so that the puree is well cooked.
- Now add in the butter + the water (separated from the Dal) into the pan. Cover the lid and let this mixture to cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once the mixture is well cooked then add in the Dal. (u can add more water if it becomes too thick)
- Add in the kasturi methi.
- Cover the lid and let the Dal simmer on low heat for 30 min. Stirring it from time to time.
- After that add in the cream and then again cover the lid and let it cook for another 10 min.
Garnish wid butter and coriander leaves.
Note: it will be best if u use white butter. ( yellow amul butter will also do)