An appetizer for a fasting person, goes well with chutney meant for Navratri.
4 medium sized potatoes
2 green chilies
1tsp ginger paste
Sendha salt to taste
1tbsp cumin powder
1tbsp coriander powder
1tbsp red chilly powder
Oil to fry the tikkis
- Soak the sabudana in water for 2 hours.
- Remove from water and squeeze well.
- Take a bowl, add in potatoes. mash well.
- Now add in sabudana + green chilies+ ginger + salt + cumin powder + coriander powder + red chilly powder.
- Mix well. Add in the fresh coriander.
- Divide this mixture into equal balls.
- Make them into a round shape flat patty.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan, shallow fry them from both sides.
- Serve hot with chutney.