I always go back to those good old days whenever I make this at home.
7-8 Strands of Saffron (Kesar)
1 tsp Cardamom Powder
2-3 tbsp Condensed Milk (or Sugar)
- Soak the saffron stands in 2 tbsp milk. Keep it aside.
- Take a nonstick pan add the milk in it. Bring to a boil.
- Let it simmer on low heat.
- Add cardamom Powder and saffron in it.
- Mix it well.
- Let it cook for 30 minutes till the milk is reduced and thickened.
- Then add sugar or condensed milk.
- Let it simmer on low heat for another 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot OR cold whatever one prefers.
You can use Rabri in making Shahi Tukdas.
Rabri tastes amazing when accompanied by Jalebi or Imarti.