Rice is the staple of food of my family. So I just try making it in lot many varieties and flavours to relish it everyday. Vegetable Pulao is a blend of all vegetables and spices mixed together with long-grained Basmati Rice.
Its gud as all the vegetables are consumed at one time which makes it really healthy.
1 cup Basmati Rice
1 medium sized Onion (Julienned)
1 medium sized Tomato (Paste)
1 medium sized Potato (Boiled and Cubed)
1/2 cup Cauliflower Florets
1/2 cup Carrot (cut into round shape)
1/2 cup Green Peas (boiled)
1tsp Ginger Paste
1tsp Cumin Seeds
2 Whole Red Chilies
2 Black Cardamom
2tbsp Ghee Or Butter what you like
Salt to taste
1tsp Red Chilly Powder
- Soak rice in water for 1 hour.
- In the meanwhile, chop all the vegetables as mentioned: Onions julienned, Cauliflower florets, Carrots cut into round shape, Potatoes cubed.
- Boil all the vegetables (green peas + cauliflower + carrot) in a vessel with 3 cups of water. (par boiled)
- Heat ghee in kadahi, add in cumin seeds+ whole red chillies + black cardamom.
- When it stops cluttering add in onions.
- When the onions turn Brown in color add in the tomato+ ginger + green chilly paste into it.
- Add in salt so that the cooking process increases.
- Let it cook on low flame till it starts leaving ghee.
- Then add in all the boiled vegetables in it. Mix them all well
- Add in Red chilly powder. Adjust salt.
- Then add in 3 cups of water or as required.
- When the water starts boiling add in rice.
- Mix it well. Top it with coriander.
- Close the lid let the rice cook on low flame.
- Keep checking from time to time so tat it does not start to stick at the bottom.
- If required add in more water.
- Serve hot with raita and pickle.
You can even make this in cooker in that case boiling vegetables before is not required.
You just need to fry the onions and tomatoes in ghee. cook them then add in vegetables, rice and water.
In 2 whistles the pulao will be ready.
|Garnish it with Coriander|