3 medium sized onions
2 medium sized tomatoes
2 green chillies
1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
1 tbsp khus khus
2 tbsp Fresh Cream
Salt to taste
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Cumin seeds
2 Whole Red Chilie
100 gms cheese (Grated0
Fresh Coriander Leaves
1 cup water (or as you want the consistency of the gravy to be)
1 tbsp Ghee
- Soak the almonds and khus khus in warm water for half an hour.
- Peel the almonds. take a blender add in the almonds and khus khus. Make in into a paste. Keep it aside
- Peal the onions, finely chop them.
- Heat ghee in a kadahi, add in the cumin seeds + whole red chillies. when they stop cluttering add in the chopped onion + green chillies + ginger and garlic paste.
- Mix them well, let it cook on low heat till the onion turns pink.
- Then add the tomato puree.
- Add in salt + turmeric powder + cumin powder + coriander powder + red chilly powder.
- Mix all this well. Cover the lid so that the tomatoes are cooked properly stirring continuously.
- When the mixture is cooked. Switch off the gas stove.
- Let it cool.
- Then put the mixture into the blender to make it a fine paste.
- Again in the same kadahi, add in 1 tsp ghee again then add in the cooked onion tomato paste + the almond paste.
- Mix it well. let this mixture cook for 10 minutes.
- Then add in fresh cream and 1cup water.
- Add in the coriander leaves.
- Close the lid let it simmer on low heat for another 5-8 minutes.
- Put in the grated cheese.
- Serve hot with vegetable biryani, pulao.