I make this in lot of varieties like rassewale, dry chane,. today I am posting Pulao made of Kale chane.
1/2 cup Kale chane
11/2 cup Basmati Rice
2 medium sized Onion (Julienned, keep some for garnishing and remaining use in cooking)
2 medium sized Tomato
2 Green Chilies
1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
Fresh Coriander Leaves
Salt to Taste
1tbsp Cumin Powder
1tsp Red Chilly Powder
1tsp Coriander Powder
1tsp Garam Masala Powder
3 cups of Water
- Soak the kala chana overnight.
- Then in the morning pressure cook the chanas for 25 minutes so that they get tender.
- Soak the rice for 1 hour before cooking the rice.
- Chop the onions in juliennes.
- Make the paste of the tomato + green chilies.
- Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a kadhai, add in cumin seeds and whole red chilies.
- When it stops cluttering, add in the julienned onions + ginger garlics paste.
- Let this cook for a while till the onions are cooked and turns pink.
- After the onions are cooked add in the tomato paste.
- Add in the cumin powder + coriander powder + red chilly powder + salt.
- Let this cook for 15-20 minutes till it starts leaving oil.
- Then add fresh coriander leaves,
- Add in the cooked channa.
- Let this cook simmer with the made masala for 10 minutes. (cover the lid)
- After 10 minutes add in 3 cups of water.
- Let the water boil and then add in the soaked rice.
- Cover the lid. let it the rice cook for 10-12 minutes. (keep checking if required add more water.)
- Garnish with green chutney and some chopped onions.
- Serve hot with raita
U can also cook this ice in a pressure cooker.
I generally use kadahi.