Sundays makes me really lazy so I wake up really late. So in that situation me and my husband have heavy brunch, which will include Rassewale aalo with poori, Pickle and buttermilk. My husband wants to eat this whenever he has his off from the office. So I try to bring variations in this.
I hope my readers will surely would want to try this recipe out.
4 medium sized potatoes (3 paste) (1 cubed)
1 tsp Cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds (Methi)
2 red chillies
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp red chilly powder
1 tsp Amchur
Salt to taste
2 green chillies (chopped)
1 tsp ginger paste
1 Tbsp oil
3 cups of water
- Heat in oil in a pressure cooker. add in jeera + red chillies + fenugreek seeds + coriander seeds.
- Saute it till it stops cluttering.
- Now add in the tomato paste along with green chillies and ginger paste.
- Add in salt + red chilly powder + cumin powder + garam masala powder + turmeric powder + amchur.
- Saute it till the tomatoes leaves oil.
- Now add in the cubes tomatoes.
- Cook it well.
- Pour in water.
- Put in the cubed potatoes and some coriander leaves.\
- Close the lid.
- Wait for 1 whistle and lower the flame.
- Cook for next 15 minutes.
- Remove it from the stove.
- If u find that still there is excess water, u can keep it on the stove with open lid to remove that excess water.
- Garnish it with fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with pooris.