1 cup rice (Basmati)
2 medium sized onion (chopped)
1 medium sized tomato (chopped)
1/2 cup peas
1/2 carrot (cut in long pieces)
5-6 florets of cauliflower
1 medium sized potato
2 green chillies
1 tsp ginger paste
1 pinch of asafoetida
1 tbsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp jeera powder
1 tsp red chilly powder
2 khadi lal mirch
1 tbsp jeera
Coriander leaves to garnish
3 tbsp Butter
- Soak the rice in water for 1 hour.
- Now take a cooker, heat the butter.
- Now add in the asafoetida, jeera and the khadi lal mirch
- After it stops to clutter, add in the onions, saute them till they turn pink.
- Add in the ginger paste and the green chillies.
- Now add in the tomatoes. saute them for a while.
- Add in the turmeric powder, jeera powder, salt, red chilly powder. mix them all well.
- Now add in all the vegetables (peas, cauliflower, carrot, potato) mix them
- Now add in 3-4 cups of water.
- Put in the rice and some butter.
- Close the lid of the cooker.
- Cook on high heat.
- Lower the heat when one whistle comes.
- Switch it off after 2 minutes.
- Tehri is ready to serve.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
Tastes best with Boondi Raita