Friday, January 21, 2011

Aaate ko Halwa (wheat flour) Halwa

This Halwa is considered to be auspicious among the Punjabi's and Sikh's as this is given in the form of Parshad in the Gurudwaras.  We call it as Kadha Parshad. This is one of my favourite halwas. I remember when I was young I used to visit Gurudwara and will not come out without taking this Parshad.
I often make dis one on Guru Nanak Jyanti or any such occasion.
Its really tasty thought I should share this with my readers.

Aatte Ka Halwa
Ingredients:
1 medium katori wheat flour
1 katori desi ghee (melted)
Almonds to Garnish

To make the Sugar syrup:
1 1/2 katori sugar
2 1/2 katori water








Procedure:

  • Take a kadhai, heat in the ghee in it.
  • Add in the wheat flour and stir continuously so that no lumps are there.
  • Lower the heat of the stove.
  • Now let this cook on low heat till the color of the flour changes to a darker shade.,
  • This process will take 30 - 40 minutes depending on how dark u want the halwa to be.
  • When the flour finally changes color. on another stove, take a pan and make the sugar syrup.
  • Add in water and sugar and let it simmer till the syrup is ready.
  • When the sugar syrup is ready add to the flour, stirring continuously.
  • Cook it for 2 minutes more.
  • Garnish it with Almonds.
  • Serve Hot





No comments:

Post a Comment